T he Hoffmann Mortuary was opened in 1846 on fifteenth & Clay (Central) by Mathias M. Hoffmann Sr. The business was turned over to Mathias M. Hoffmann II in 1878. In 1916, the Mortuary was turned over to Mathias' son, Alois M. Hoffmann. In 1939, Alois and Mabel moved the mortuary to 1640 Main, the present downtown location, which was at that time known as the Lacey Mansion.
Jim and Sharon Schneider purchased the mortuary in 1985, changing the name to the Hoffmann-Schneider Funeral Home.
Following the untimely death of Dennis Kitchen, Jim and Sharon purchased the Dennis Kitchen Funeral Home, located at 3860 Asbury Rd. and now known as the Hoffmann Schneider & Kitchen Funeral Home.
Our families are free to choose from either convenient location.